Group 4 Murder Jimmy Mubenga during Deportation (vom 16.10.2010),
URL:, besucht am 22.06.2024

[16. Oct 2010]

Group 4 Murder Jimmy Mubenga during Deportation

Jimmy Mubenga was suffocated to death by three G4S guards who were forcibly deporting him to Angola, they used handcuffs and 'restraint' techniques which involved putting pressure on his back and pushing his head into his lap.

According to witnesses he struggled and shouted for ten minutes, "i can't breathe, they are going to kill me" whilst being held down by the G4S guards. Many passengers were pushed away from him into first class to avoid them seeing the reality of migration politics in the UK.

He lost conciousness and was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead. G4S released a statement to the effect of: "a detainee was ill and on the flight and died in hospital".

This is the reality of the murderous borders, people who don't fit into the correct 'citizen' model, who don't have the right papers, who don't 'belong' in the UK are brutally treated and deported with fatal results. Whether or not the deaths occur in the detention centre, on the flight, after deportation, during a dangerous illegal border crossing is irrelevant, the fact is Borders Kill!

Jimmy Mubenga posters in South London

Because of the current practical media blackout and misinformation surrounding the events aboard BA Flight 77 where Jimmy Mubenga was murdered, anti deportation activists have taken it upon themselves to inform people about these tragic and disgusting events.

Jimmy Mubenga was murdered by 3 G4S security guards acting on behalf of the UK Border Agency. He was being deported, on BA flight 77, to Angola, where he had made an enemy of the ruling military regime as a young man. Despite appearing calm when he borded the Plane, within minutes he had been attacked by the G4S guards. He was held down by the three men for up to 45 minutes, despite being in handcuffs. He was reported to be screaming "I can't breath!" and "They're going to kill me!"

After around 10 Minutes, the screaming stopped and Jimmy fell unconscious. He was taken to hospital and announced dead on arrival, having died from positional asphyxia.

Despite the shocking nature of these events, and the fact both Jimmy's family and several MPs are calling for an urgent inquiry, only the Guardian is currently running the story including Witness Statements. The BBC is still running the offical UKBA/G4S statment that he "fell ill" and was rushed to Hospital.

In response to this deafening silence, activists from South London have plastered the area from Elephant and Castle to Peckham with posters holding the Witness statements, and other info. We strongly urge people to copy this simple action in order to spread the news of this Governmental murder. Once people know what happened on that fatal flight, the true fight back against this racist brutality can begin!

Source :: , 14.10.2010 + :: 15. Oct 2010