From the 22nd until the 25th of August in Bulgaria and from the 25th until the 28th in Greece, No Border Actions are going to take place.
The main slogans:
- Solidarity to immigrants and refugees
- Against borders and minefields
- Against the refugee detention centers
We call all antiauthoritarian, antiracist, anticapitalist groups, organisations and individuals, to take part to the actions and the discussions that are going to take place in both sides of the greek-bulgarian borderline.
The exact location in which the camp will be in Bulgaria is going to be announced later. The location of the camp in Greece will be in the university of the city of Xanthi (one of the major cities of Thrace). There is going to be space for accommodation and also there will be the place where the discussions and the other cultural events (like concerts etc) will take place. During these four days of the No Border actions in Greece (25 - 28/0Cool four main actions will take place:
- An action on the Greek-Bulgarian borders
- Two demonstrations one in the city of Xanthi and the other one in the city of Komotini
- An action against the refugee detention center that is located in the area between the two cities mentioned above
The topics of the discussions that are already decided are the following:
- Borders and globalisation
- Greek inner borders and the Muslim minority of Thrace
- The Greek immigration policy and the situation in Europe
- A presentation from comrades from abroad about the immigrant detention centers which exist in their countries
- Discussion against fascism and in particular against the european camping of neo-nazi groups that is going to take place on September 2005 in Greece
The agenda of the discussions is open and we ask from all groups or individuals that are interested to make a presentation about a topic of their choice to send us their proposals in order to put them in the final program of the discussions.
More details about the No Border actions can be found in the website: http://www.noborder2005bg-gr.net
Or by sending an e-mail here:
info_bg (at) noborder2005bg-gr.net (Bulgaria)
info_gr (at) noborder2005bg-gr.net (Greece)